Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Beautiful Bird





One of my favorite things to do is watch birds. I began birding when my mother, Eva moved in with me the last two years of her life. She loved hummingbirds. When I came home from work in the evening, she would be sitting on the front porch with hummers swarming around her head fighting for territorial rights at the nearby feeder. However, I must say the favorite bird I have observed is the Rose Breasted Gross Beak. www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Rosebreasted_Grosbeak.dtl.html This beautiful bird visits here while traveling from northern South America or the Caribbean to its breeding grounds in the Yukon. The male has a big red heart on it's chest and what lady could resist that? This beauty stayed a little longer, about a month, in May and June while snacking on my enriched bird seed. I went crazy snapping pictures. Enjoy!

No comments: