Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Daughter


My husband and I were married 9 years before our daughter , Melody came along. She was truly a "Sweetheart" because she was born on Valentine's Day. I was an "older" parent so I was overly protective of her. She is everything a mother would want in a daughter. She is beautiful, smart and caring. She was a "pageant" girl and won our county's preliminary to Miss Alabama which is a preliminary to Miss America. She is a Godly woman and is a prayer warrior when I need her. She is independent, much like me. God blessed her with a Godly man last year and she is happily married and lives about one half mile from me. I am praying for grandchildren in the future. She is a huge AUBURN fan and he is a Huge BAMA fan. You just have to live in Alabama to understand this rivalry!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Everything you said about Melody is true...and MORE! I had the priviledge of being her first grade teacher. I remember how precious she was then. Little did I know she would become one of my teachers....an awesome one at that! You are blessed to have a wonderful daughter that we all love.
Sue

Amy said...

Not only was Melody a fellow "Lil' Majorette" with me, but she was Keith's kindergarten teacher. She will forever be high on a pedastal for that. JEWELS in her crown. (and yours, for raising her)
AGM:)